Over the past ten years I’ve been through a lot.
I don’t often speak about all of it because not everyone needs to know everything and some experiences are mine to own whether good or bad.
What these moments in time have done though is give me a list of guidelines to try and live by.
My prescription for the soul 🙂
Some to be taken daily.
Some whenever the need arises.
I’ve decided to share some of my guidelines with you today.
Prescription For The Soul
- Never tell someone I told you so. It is not welcome and not your place.
- What is good for your family isn’t necessarily good for someone else’s.
- Not everyone believes everything is either black or white. Some people live in the grey areas. Don’t judge them for it just because they sin differently to you.
- Don’t underestimate the word sorry. It may not get you the forgiveness you desire but it should be said. Have the strength to do so.
- An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Try and see the good and move on.
- Being somebody is far more important that being somebody’s.
- Learn that you don’t always have to explain yourself. The only person you answer to at the end of the day is yourself. If you can accept who you are then that is enough. If not, change.
- A backhanded compliment is never a compliment. If you can’t say something purely nice to someone, don’t say it at all.
- Snark and sarcasm isn’t always endearing or funny. Learn tact.
- Everyone grieves in their own way. Never tell someone to get over it. Two people never heal at the same pace.
- Respect someone’s honesty and truth even if it isn’t what you want to hear. They are being upfront and respecting you. It is better than them telling you a lie to appease you.
- Be careful what you say to people and how you treat them. If you are someone who has a tendency to be cruel or disrespectful or misogynistic, one day when you have children of your own, someone will speak to them the way you to spoke to others and you will see what you have done reflected in your children’s eyes.
- Eventually the scales balance. There is always regression to the mean.
This list may not be for everyone but it works for me.
Maybe some of it will work for you……