So it turns out today is my one year anniversary on WordPress!
Queue the confetti and streamers!
In celebration of not packing it in and deleting this blog (even though at times I almost did), I have decided I am going to write myself a list of goals to spread some kindness to the world….and by world I mean those around me…but you gotta start somewhere right 🙂
See recently I have been reminded that sometimes just being nice and genuine to someone, means more than grand gestures and gifts and trimmings. So I have created a bucket list of the things I would like to do to bring some happiness to somebody else’s day.
- Offer to help my grandparents when they least expect it.
My grandpa probably won’t expect it since he has dementia 😉 but just wanting to be there instead of needing to be there is a huge difference.
- Surprise a friend with a thank you note just because or a small token of gratitude. You don’t need special occasions only to make someone feel appreciated.
- Make an effort with those who are more socially awkward at large events.
I work many pop culture events throughout the year and see people struggling in big group scenarios, so a simple gesture of kindness might make them feel more at ease and welcome.
- Keep supporting Youth Off The Streets and be an ambassador regardless of whether others come on board or not.
I may not have the platform I used to have at my old place of work to champion the charity work they do, but it won’t have me give up on them. They are an important organisation making a huge difference for kids less fortunate.
- Buy our local homeless person Kevin a water or drink the next hot summers day I see him.
Most people are mean to him and some local school kids pick on him and it frustrates me that they can be so awful. So I’ll do something to make his day more comfortable, especially since we have been having a heat wave this summer.
- Forgive those who have hurt me, whether big or small.
You don’t forgive another for their own good. You forgive them for yourself.
- Spend one day saying only positive things to myself.
Sometimes the best way to be kinder to others is by starting with being kind to yourself.
So there you have it.
It’s a simple list. It’s not something that is hard or unachievable, but it is something that I hope will make a difference.
What is on your kindness to do list?